Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Jongyesa, Go, Gravity, Garwood

Met up with Danny Garwood, Seunghyun and Catherine (friends from Cooper all) at the opening for 'Flavor of Asia,' an exhibition that Seunghyun worked on. 11 photographers, a ton of photos: eating, growing, buying, selling, making FOOD. I liked much; there's supposed to be a book coming out later this year.

Tiny little dog tile.



I found a shop off Insadong-gil (gil = street) selling statues. If you don't know already, I have a super thing for Korean dogs: shrine guardians, always in pairs.


After showing up just barely too late for the exhibition that I was really after, I wandered down the street and into Kang-Ok Jeon's 'Gravity.'




Instead of showing up on time for the 'Crafty Arty Party' (pottery exhibition), I decided it would be better to wander around by Jogyesa temple and then get lost. Ah well. At least I found out where all the old men go to get drunk and play Go ^____^

At least, mostly Go. There was also some Chinese chess going on. Fewer games, but spectator interest was through the roof.