Wednesday, July 30, 2008

In Seoul

I arrived in Seoul two days ago. For now, I'm staying with my friend Bum at his apartment. We walked around Insa-dong yesterday, a neighborhood to the south of the palaces and traditional hanok neighborhood which I am here to visit. I managed to stumble into some nice calligraphy shops and bought a new stone ink basin (why did I leave my shodo supplies in New York?). Bum and I also went to an art opening last night, but I had some of the jetlag and passed out in a chair. Initial impressions of Seoul: the food is delicious, cheap, and vegetarian (as long as there's a Korean speaker to ask for it), the subway cars are huge, and the internet is fast.


Camel! Not the first thing that I expected to see in Seoul ..


Long horn! Not the second thing that I expected to see in Seoul o_O


Noodle Shop


Dinner PWN3d



Bum Lee. Bum Lee has a face. You just can't see it. I mean, you can't see it here, it's not off limits to the public or anything.